Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Post Spring break blues..

We have officially been back from Spring break for 3 days now and it's safe to say that I'm ready to go back to Florida. The weather was gorgeous, the group I was with was a blast, and at this point anywhere is better than school.

Panama City Beach was beautiful and was by far the most memorable Spring break I've had in college.
This was the view from our hotel room. What's not to like?!

BUT as we all know, time demands that we return to all of our responsibilities and for me that includes trying to figure out what to make myself to eat so that I'm not living off of cereal.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and went with the goal of getting things for a few different recipes.
This broccoli chicken alfredo was pretty good! Definitely worth having again. My sauce didn't thicken quite as much as I expected it to, but once you add the pasta to the mix you can't even tell the difference.
FYI: make sure you read the Greek yogurt label and be sure you get plain, not vanilla. :P

I also was looking to make something that I could snack on between meals. I pinned these strawberry chocolate chip muffins awhile back and I thought I'd try them out this week. They're delicious!

These don't look as fancy as the ones in the pictures on the blog, but they're still really good. And they won't break the calorie bank! At 140 calories they're a guilt-free snack! I had one for breakfast with a banana this morning.

Doing a little cooking helped with the winter blues that we've still got going on here in Illinois, have you tried any new recipes lately that have been a hit?!

Happy Hump Day! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's always tough to come back to school after being off for some time. I didn't even go anywhere, and it was tough for me. It must be hard to come back from a place as beautiful as Florida and have it snow like crazy all day Sunday. Also, those strawberry chocolate chip muffins sound amazing. I want one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! And even if you didn't go anywhere, coming back to school is always so hard. Even when I go home for a weekend I have a hard time getting back to my responsibilities.

      Delete