Monday, March 25, 2013

Where in the World?

I think I'm starting to go stir crazy.

Lately, I've been itching to travel somewhere new. I realize that there's school, graduation, and ya know.. money that are all stopping me from being able to pick up and leave. That doesn't mean that I can't plan, though!

In winter of 2008 I visited Italy, which is absolutely breathtaking.



Everything is ancient there. It was really weird to realize how young the United States compared to the rest of the world.

In the summer of 2012, I travelled to Spain.



Spain had a much different beauty than Italy. I'm glad I got to be outdoors so much when I was here.

The more I experience other countries, the more I want to see. So, I've just had some ideas in mind whenever the opportunity comes up again for me to travel.

I've always been fascinated by the UK. They speak the same language as we do, but lead such different lifestyles that I can't help but want to experience it. 

The United Kingdom is made up of 4 different countries: England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. All places I would fly to at the drop of a hat. I've never been to another country that had English as a first language, so I think that my experiences in other places would work to my benefit as far as getting around. 

My dream would be to spend a month in the UK, spending enough time in each place to feed my appetite, but I'll settle for 2 weeks split between them all!

London

Scotland

Ireland

Hopefully this dream becomes a reality! I'd like to go before starting a family, so let's hope this job search works out for me! If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Where are your favorite places in the world?

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I am jealous! I have always wanted to go to Europe! Lately I have been to China and Australia. China was such a great experience because there is a totally different culture than in the United States. I have been there three times (my dad lives there) and each time was a different and fun experience. Australia was amazing as well because I loved the warm weather and the beaches! If you get the chance to travel, check out one of those two places as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my roommates have been to Asia and have both loved it! I'll have to plan a trip there one day!

      Delete
  2. I am completely jealous by every single one of your pictures! I have always wanted to travel abroad, and am dying to experience it one day! I agree though, no money makes it very difficult! Post graduation saving, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come? I think I caught the travel bug very early in life, and after visiting my first country abroad, I just couldn't stop. My perfect job would being able to travel all around the world and just update my facebook, and tweet about everywhere I visit. It's hard to want to stay put after travel experiences to such amazing countries. I have such amazing memories from everywhere I have been, and I just want to keep moving. The next trip I want to take it either to the Netherlands, Italy or Thailand and surrounding countries.

    All I want to do is just go, and be gone!

    ReplyDelete