Monday, April 15, 2013

The search for the perfect cookie..

You may or may not know this by now, but I really like to bake. My COM 400 group was holding a focus group, so I was first to volunteer to bake for the group.

As much as I love to bake, I'm really picky about what recipes I'll use. My theory is is that if you don't want another piece of whatever you just ate, you didn't make it right. That being said, I've never found a cookie recipe that I was over the moon about.

At the risk of sounding like a housewife, I've been searching for the perfect cookie recipe. I think I found one that will hold me over until that day comes.

I searched via Google for a chocolate chip cookie recipe and stumbled upon the Nestle Tollhouse website. I decided to go with this recipe, apparently known as the Original chocolate chip cookie.

The dough was delicious. It was a little salty, so I was worried that the cookies would come out that way too, but they turned out fine. All I had on hand was mini-chocolate chips, so I added them 1/2 cup at a time. Turns out, 1 1/2 cups of those was just enough, rather than the 2 cups of regular sized chips.

I also decided to omit the nuts that the recipe called for. I was afraid that people would be allergic and have nothing to snack on at the focus group!

The recipe says that it yields 60 cookies, but as you can see from the picture, I tend to make larger cookies that most people. I got 45 cookies out of this recipe, and they were all gone at the end of the focus group!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I know I did. :)

8 comments:

  1. If you made cookies for MTG391, I wouldn't even be mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to make these for the final exam then!

      Delete
  2. These look really good! I love cookies though so I don't think there ever really is a "bad" cookie... unless it's healthy! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story! All cookies are good cookies to me.

      Delete
  3. I think I have the perfect cookie recipe! I might be bias because it's my grandma's recipe but they thick and crunchy on the outside but softer on the inside. The recipe is below, feel free to try it out and let me know what you think!!


    Grandma's Choco-Chip Cookies

    1 1/2 cup of butter
    1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
    1 tbls vanilla
    2 tsp baking soda
    2 eggs
    4 cups of sifted flour
    1 tsp salt
    -- blend together and add 1 1/2 package of chocolate chips. Bake 1 tablespoon sized chunks, 2 inches apart, at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for this! Grandmas always have the best recipes. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I may have to bake these for our final exam, in that case!

      Delete