Monday, April 22, 2013

New social media!

Up until this weekend, I was thoroughly confused by this new fad "Vine". It's a new form of social media that allows you to take videos adding up to 20 seconds, for one large but short video montage.

I downloaded it and was definitely doing something wrong right away. My videos can be best described as an epileptic's nightmare. I wasn't holding down my finger for long enough and I thought that since the video was fast, everything happening also had to be fast. The product was not good.

Eventually one of my roommates realized what I was doing wrong and taught me how to make much better videos.

I feel like this trend is normal for social media though. No one really knows what they're doing right away and then you get used to it! It starts to come so easily that you wonder how you ever didn't get it. Know what I mean?

What new social media have you tried lately? Anything worth joining?! Help a sista out!

Happy Monday everyone! Be productive and look forward to the nice weather we're supposed to have this weekend!



6 comments:

  1. I downloaded this app too! I haven't used it yet because there has been nothing to use it on, but I'm also not really sure what to do either. You're going to have teach me your wise ways.

    I think this is a great tool because these videos can be quick an easy. They also aren't meant to be professional video so it's fun to see what people come up with. Just another way to document our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't posted a video on Vine yet, but I have been watching videos on there. Its really cool how creative you can be. Some people post random videos, others post how to videos, and others post magic tricks. Its cool how fast the network is catching on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I became a little obsessed with Vine right after I downloaded it. It's really fun taking videos when you go out with people. It's fun to laugh at snippets of the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently downloaded Vine too. I really like it. It is entertaining to not only create your own videos but watch others too. I like videoing my friends. My first few videos were terrible but I'm slowly improving. Some of the editor's picks are really neat Vine videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad everyone else is liking it, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried Vine for the first time this last weekend. Mad that the "tutorial" automatically posted! I needed an actual practice video!

    ReplyDelete