Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The final stretch.

Graduation is only 1 month and 8 days away. So naturally part of me is panicking, part of me is hysterical, and the other part of me is just going to have as much fun as possible until I find an actual job.

Luckily, there is a ton to look forward to from here until the end of the semester!

This weekend is parent's weekend and I can't wait. My parents are bringing my dog down to Peoria with them and we're going to see my brother's off campus house for next year while they're here. Hopefully it's nice out too, because we were planning on grilling out!

This little girl is making her way to Peoria this weekend!

The following weekend is my boyfriend's fraternity's formal. We're going to Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort in Utica, Illinois. It's the same place we went last year, but we get to spend an extra day and night there this year. The villas are awesome and I can't wait to spend all weekend with a great group of people. 



The rest of the semester includes my sorority's karaoke themed date party, senior send-off activities, senior walk, and of course graduation. I'm really excited and looking forward to everything the rest of the semester has to offer!

On a completely unrelated note, I met up with two of my friends from my floor freshman year. We went to One World Cafe in Peoria and I had some of the best falafel I've ever tried.

When I worked at Subway, we had falafel as a specialty sandwich and they haven't brought it back since then. I've been craving it like CRAZY lately so I was so excited to see this on the menu when we went out to eat! You can get it in a wrap or on pita bread and I chose the pita. It also came with hummus and the cucumber dressing. So. Delicious. It also had a little kick to it, but I like spicy food so it didn't bother me at all.



For those of you that don't know, falafel is a vegetarian patty made up of chick peas, garbanzo beans, and a variety of spices to make a protein-packed, vegetarian delight. I really recommend trying it once, I don't think you'll regret it! I've found a recipe to make my own, but it's definitely a task that needs a lot of preparation and time, which I just don't have at the moment. Hopefully soon, though!

Happy Wednesday! I hope you're all enjoying this great Spring weather!

2 comments: